Saturday, June 16, 2007

It seems that we have a bear around our property. We had a mother and a cub last year and I think that this is the same pair this year. I have already seen them together earlier this spring and then last week the yearling cub was in the lower dog run; the one we don't use anymore, thankfully.

The local Ministry of Natural Resources has published a guide to being 'Bear Aware' and I think that we violate almost all of their recommendations. We have dog food stored outside, we have two freezers full of fish and we have so many fruiting trees around the property that it would be impossible to pick up the fruit. So far, the bears have stayed away from anything important.

The bear.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


As it would happen, the photos are rather dark, so really, all there is to see is a black blob. It's a bear. I swear.



Progress has been made on the chicken coop, althought I haven't taken any pictures lately. We picked up our roofing metal the other day and I should be able to get it installed tomorrow if things go well; I have fish to cut, a trip to Killarney again, for more fish, and the other half of the roof to strap before the metal can go on.

No comments: