Monday, February 12, 2007

And away we go. Again.

Here we are mid-way through February and I am finally getting myself organised enough to start my blog writing again. I'm not really sure how many people actually read this thing, so this may be an excercise for me alone; however, I shall endeavour to keep it posted regularly. Also, please bear with me as I re-learn the blog intricasies. Once again, I have no pictures to show, but that is more a result of my having the computer fixed and a good portion of my programs deleted in the process. Not to worry, I'm told, I just have to reload them onto my computer; a bit like being delivered all the ingredients for your meal at a restaurant and then being told it is up to you to cook it.

So an update: we no longer live in the glorious Yukon. Yes, I am still having a hard time getting over it even though it has been two winters now. We are living just east of Sudbury, Ontario in a town called Markstay. We have just under 40 acres of land on which we house the dogs and, up until the past fall, two goats. We didn't have them for long. Just long enough for Hunter and Jenn to get attached to them and then one of my dogs (they are all 'my dogs' when they are bad) got loose and killed them. The goats were just babies and I was nearly living on the street with my dogs. I will say no more other than it was totally out of character for this particular dog to act like this and I am just as surprised as everyone else.

Although we do not have the luxury of running our dogs from our yard I have been able to find some fairly decent trails within a ten minute drive and the dogs are getting pretty good at being boxed. For any mushers out there, the word 'luxury' is not excessive, I don't think. Oh! for the open trail out of my front door!

I will keep this post short so that I am able to write something and have pictures to accompany.

'Til then,
Evan.

No comments: