Thursday, March 22, 2007

What would YOU do with a purple marker?

Well, if you are my kid, you use it as eye shadow.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Notice the care with which the so-called make-up is applied. We wouldn't want it to look too garrish.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Actually, Hunter had a fistfull of markers and I guess she has been watching Jenn get ready for work. Hopefully, Jenn doesn't leave the house looking like Hunter.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I know that the majority of blogs out there, swirling around in cyberspace, are devoted to the children of over enthusiastic parents and while I am certainly not trying to join with them, this was too funny to let pass. Maybe it was just funny to me, I don't know. Oh well, too bad, it's my blog.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We have had some rather large temperature differences over the past few days. On Tuesday, it was -21 and today it was +11 with rain all last night. Almost all of our snow is gone, which may sound like a fast melt (and it was) but is made less impressive by the fact that I think we only had 8 to 10 inches of snow to start with. Right now there is not enough snow for the sled anymore, but there is still too much for the 4-wheeler with no motor. As well, the ice in some places is quite bad, so the dogs are just being free run around our place right now.

Jenn and I have been discussing the projects we want to try and complete this summer. Boy, there sure are a lot of them, not the least of which are pens (proper pens if you recall the tragic goat incident) for the goats and the chickens (which we have yet to get. Pens first.) Also, a timber frame/pole barn style garage, storage- and woodshed. I am planning on milling all the wood for this myself from trees harvested from the property. We have an abundance of dying poplar and I'd like to make use of them instead of supplying homes for further damaging insects and diseases.

Here is one final shot of my goofy kid.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This chair was given to Hunter when she was not yet a year old by our friends Paul and Josee from Whitehorse. It just fit her then, but she will still drag it over to her spot, get it set just so, and wedge herself into it to watch a movie. Notice the nice, big, comfy chair beside her. Realize that there is an inviting, soft chesterfield behind her. Know that we don't make her sit in this chair. This is all her doing. Hands folded in front of her, sitting up straight, she looks as if she is waiting for the Queen to arrive.

5 comments:

dogsled_stacie said...

Wow, does she ever look like Jenn!
And, as much as I love the dog stuff, there isn't nearly enough "Hunter stuff"! So keep it coming. She is pretty funny. Future career as a makeup artist perhaps?? :)

Evan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evan said...

"Wow, does she ever look like Jenn!
" I hope, for Jenn's sake, that you are referring to the non-make-up Hunter. Make-up artist, body artist, table artist, wall artist, anything-but-paper artist. Something like that will probably suit her.

dogsled_stacie said...

No, no - I meant the full on purple eyeshadow Hunter! Isn't that how Jenn gets the big tips?

Evan said...

She tells me that it's her personality and quality service, but now I wonder...